October 20, 2023
For the Love of Women and Babies
We are back in the saddle for another Ride for Gutu Mission Hospital, and our purpose hasn’t changed. We want to make a positive impact in maternal and infant healthcare in the Gutu District of Zimbabwe by supporting the efforts of Gutu Mission Hospital, GMH.
On October 20, 2023, a small group of cyclists will ride over the Zimbabwean countryside to raise funds for a new ambulance for the Gutu Mission Hospital. Interested in joining us? Contact Solomon Madondo.
Our fundraising goal is $60,000.00
FUNDRAISING GOAL $60,000 - we have reached:0%
The Zimbabwe Ride begins in
Gutu Mission Hospital
The risk of dying from pregnancy-related factors in Zimbabwe is far worse than in Canada.
Gutu hospital staff is hard working and has adapted well to working under difficult conditions and chronic shortages. It aspires to excellence, attaining good standards of cleanliness and patient care but is restricted by budgetary constraints, unserviceable and unreliable equipment, and aging infrastructure. Gutu Mission Hospital (GMH):
- Is the district referral centre for 250,000 people in rural Zimbabwe
- Serves as the first stop for medical emergencies from 30 smaller satellite clinics
- Conducts 1/3 of all the in-hospital deliveries in the Gutu District.
- Is the only hospital in Gutu District with a capacity for caesarean deliveries.
- Trains nurses at a school of nursing and clinical departments.
EMAS Canada has been invited by the Reformed Church in Zimbabwe (RCZ) and Gutu Development Association to assist in the upgrading of Gutu Mission Hospital and training its medical staff. Maternity is the busiest department at GMH and is our primary focus.